Here you will find, collected for your convenience, various resources, organizations, and products of interest to Veterans.
|Veterans Health Administration (VHA) – U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
We hear you: “Where’s my new VA ID card?” If you already have the legacy card your new card will automatically be mailed to you by the end of winter. Newly-enrolled Veterans or enrolled Veterans who do not have the legacy Veteran Identification Card must take further steps.
Click the link for all the up-to-date information you need on when and how you’ll receive the new Veterans Health Identification Card (VHIC): http://1.usa.gov/Y8Ftgq.
VA cards put veterans at risk, scanners reveal social security numbers
Be aware: Anyone with a smart phone and a bar code app can scan any VA identification card issued since 2004 and the cardholders’ social security number immediately pops up on the screen.
Veterans should be aware of a marketing scam targeting callers trying to reach the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) National Call Center or GI Bill Call Center. A marketing company has established two fraudulent numbers that differ from the two official VA call center numbers by one digit. If the fraudulent number is dialed by mistake, the answering party will offer a gift card and try to obtain personal and financial information, including credit card information, from the caller. The answering party may even transfer the caller to the VA after the caller’s information is obtained.
The VA will never ask you for a credit card number or banking information over the phone.
In all cases, before giving personal sensitive information over the phone make sure you know who you are taking to.
The numbers to be avoided are:
800-872-1000 (the VA National Call Center number is 800-827-1000)
888-442-4511 (the VA GI Bill Call Center number is 888-442-4551)
VA has notified law enforcement authorities to address this situation, and will provide additional information and guidance as necessary.
You can verify VA’s customer service numbers online at http://bit.ly/1ekM369
Resilience of a Dream Catcher: A Spiritual Memoir
Although written primary as a blind veteran for his retired and active brothers and sisters in uniform, early reviewers believe his story has meaning for the general population. He brings a reflective practice of the meaning of spirituality and wellness into his life and meditations. A discussion guide for developing resilience follows each chapter, intended for both personal reflection and group discussion.
The Virtual Wall: Vietnam Veterans Memorial
The Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall in Washington DC honors those who died in the Vietnam War. Their relatives and friends leave letters, poems, and photographs at the Vietnam Veterans Memorial and on this website. We bring the Vietnam Veterans Memorial to your home to help remember the sacrifices of the fallen and their families.
- Hospice Care for Veterans
- Jobs for Blinded Veterans
- Servicemembers and Veterans Financial Empowerment Resource Sheet
- Spouse’s Planning Guide (Disabled Veterans Resource Guide)
- Vetrepreneurship Round-up: 100 Great Sites for Military Veteran Businesspeople
Department of Veterans Affairs
- Central Blind Rehabilitation Center
- Department of Veterans Affairs
- VA Benefits Information, Resources, and Forms
- VA Blind Rehabilitation Service
- Veterans’ Health Benefits Eligibility
- National Veterans TEE Tournament Page
- Allies in War
- America’s Heroes at Work
- American Legion
- Blinded Veterans Association
- BVA Regional Groups
- Blind Veterans UK
- Disabled American Veterans
- Fleet Reserve Association
- Military Connection Resources
- Military Hub
- Military Order of the Purple Heart Foundation
- Military to Medicine
- National Veterans Foundation
- National Veterans Memorial
- Operation Firing for Effect
- Operation TBI Freedom
- Paralyzed Veterans of America
- The Silver Star Families of America
- Support Our Troops
- U.S. Veterans Initiative
- VA Office of Research and Development
- The Veterans Corporation
- Veterans’ Families United Foundation
- Veterans of Foreign Wars
- Veterans Retraining Assistance Program
- Veterans Today General Site
- Veterans Today Job Search Engine
- Veterans Today Network
- Vietnam Veterans of America
- Washington Academy of Physician Assistants Veterans Committee
Products and Services
- ABiSEE, Inc.
- Affordable Vision Aids by Anthony Vaughn
- American Foundation for the Blind Senior Site
- American Printing House for the Blind
- Anatomy of the Eye
- Bosma Enterprises
- Chris Glavin Blindness Resources
- Clarity Solutions
- C Different Foundation
- Count US In
- Disability Claims
- Enhanced Vision
- En-Vision America
- Eschenbach Optik of America, Inc
- Fidelco Guide Dog Foundation
- Freedom Scientific
- Foresight Ski Guides
- Guerilla Technologies
- Guide Dogs of America
- The Guide Dogs for the Blind Association (United Kingdom)
- Guide Dogs for the Blind, Inc.
- Guide Dogs of the Desert
- Guide to Housing and Mortgages
- Hire Disability Solutions
- Independence Through Enhancement of Medicare and Medicaid COALITION
- Independent Living Technologies
- In-Sight — The Large Print Journal
- Internet Speech, Inc.
- Iowa Department for the Blind’s Free Windows Tutorials
- Kansas Braille Transcription Institute
- Lighthouse International
- Low Vision Gateway to the Internet
- Low Vision Services, Inc.
- LS & S, LLC
- Magnifiers and More
- Magnisight, Inc.
- Medical Malpractice
- Medical Monitoring USA
- Mesothelioma Cancer Center
- Mesothelioma Treatment Centers
- Mesothelioma Web
- Military Bases
- National Alliance for Eye and Vision Research
- National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped (NLS)
- National Resource Directory
- Ocutech, Inc
- Once A Marine by Gunnery Sergeant Nick Popaditch
- Professional Association of Therapeutic Horsemanship International (PATH Intl.)
- Portset Systems
- Recording for the Blind and Dyslexic (RFB&D)
- Refinance & Mortgage Guide for U.S. Veterans
- Rehabilitation Research and Training Center on Blindness and Low Vision, Mississippi State University
- Second Sense: Beyond Vision Loss
- Social Security and Disability Resource Center
- Social Security Disability & SSI Disability Claims
- Southeastern Guide Dogs, Inc.
- Spinal Cord Injury Awareness Center
- Stabileyes Vitamins
- Sun Valley Adaptive Sports
- Team River Runner
- Tech-Optics International
- Veterans Directory
- Veterans Eye Care
- Veterans and Mesothelioma
- Veteran Survival